General Assistant Position
We are seeking an energetic and trustworthy General Assistant to directly assist our company CEO with all personal and business related tasks. As the new General Assistant, you are responsible for managing unpredictable schedules, making appointments, and handling everyday tasks. You may also receive errands to run which require a high level of multitasking. Each day will offer both variety and new challenges in the areas of administration and creative production.
Who you are
- You are highly organized, independent and a multi-tasker. You’re always a few steps ahead.
- You solve problems before they arise. You are comfortable managing multiple priorities at once.
- You are flexible, adaptable and comfortable in dealing with constant uncertainty and change.
- You are comfortable in a fast paced environment and can balance competing priorities.
- You have a calm demeanor but also are confident to voice your opinions in a room.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and use discretion to maintain the privacy of the company.
- You have a growth mindset – you are hungry to learn and are self-aware with a constant desire to improve.
- You are enthusiastic about the culture we’re building here – you not only align, but you want to be constantly evolving the culture.
- You are culturally aware and sensitive to the political climate and issues within your community as well as others communities.
- You have international work experience, are comfortable to travel and relate well to people coming from different backgrounds.
- You are computer and tech savvy. A fast typist with proficiency in all key Office and Google Suite programs. You are well versed in both Mac and PC, iPhones, printers, social media. You are comfortable troubleshooting and can easily learn and adapt to new digital systems/processes.
- Schedule and plan out each day for your executive, consulting with them as you prioritize rescheduling appointments and meetings.
- Keep notes of meetings and track of important items discussed that require deeper analysis at a later time, freeing up the executive to focus on the meeting.
- Handle all correspondence that comes through the office, making quick decisions about what calls, emails and visitors are important and which can be rescheduled at a later time.
- Conduct research when the opportunity presents itself to find ways to improve employee morale and boost productivity, working to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
- Manage travel itineraries both locally and globally as executive travels for meetings and personal trips, at times traveling with them.
- Run day-to-day personal errands and coordinate special events, including weekly and quarterly meetings, and business trips.
- Working closely with Executive’s friends and family providing support when needed.
- Maintain organization and pay attention to detail throughout the day to ensure all documents and important contracts are filed and marked appropriately.
- 1-3 years work experience as a Personal and/or Administrative Assistant
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Up-to-date with the latest technology and world issues
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Experience with MS Office and G-Suite
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- A valid passport and ability to travel globally
- A valid G driver's license
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
This is a full-time permanent position located in Toronto, Canada. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.