Content Writer and Strategist Position
We are seeking an experienced integrated in-house content writer and strategist to work within our creative, marketing and communications department. The qualified individual knows how to craft an engaging story and optimize it for a modern audience across web and social media platforms.
We work on an array of projects across lifestyle, art, and mindfulness industries. You have a planners mindset, love to strategize, and know how to execute on time. You will be responsible for crafting content that is on-brand, optimize all content for SEO, and provide analysis on the performance of the content. You will manage the content strategy and content calendar. We are looking for a highly creative person who loves to research and is fluent in SEO best practices.
- Develop and adapt content strategy for each product “season”
- Manage the editorial calendar
- Write and edit high-impact content for our website and social media
- Optimize website and its content for SEO opportunities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and other contributors
- Proofread content on the various platforms, make smart recommendations for improvements
- Create and present reports on content performance
- Prepare to take on tasks that are not within your day-to-day responsibilities but are inline with your skill set in order to support a small, yet growing, team.
- You have a growth mindset – you are hungry to learn and are self-aware with a constant desire to improve.
- You are enthusiastic about the culture we’re building here – you not only align, but you want to be constantly evolving the culture. You have an interest in personal growth and wellbeing.
- You are culturally aware and sensitive to the political climate and issues within your community as well as other communities.
- You are a digital-adaptor.
- You create a safe and empowering space for people to do their work.
- 5+ years of experience working in digital media, content, or journalism creating high-quality content across an array of platforms
- Deep experience in an editorial role or digital marketing role that centers on delivering high-performing content
- Profound understanding of SEO optimization and writing content that is highly ranked by search engines
- Experience using analytics to determine the success of content across a variety of channels
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with SEO software (such as Ahref’s, Moz, SEMRush, Google Search Console)
- BA in journalism, English, or a related field is a plus
Please submit your resume and samples of your writing to email@example.com by June 21, 2019.