The materials were carefully selected by Aspeth’s current artist collaborator, Rupi Kaur. This piece is made on raw, unbleached canvas, covered with clear Gesso primer. Jet black ink brings the poem and drawing to life, carefully silk-screened onto the material. Black archival paper adds the finished touch to the back of the canvas.
Every detail is accounted for with bespoke packaging that includes a custom-made box in black fiberboard, wrapped in matte black paper, and accompanied by a sweet ‘thank-you’ card from Rupi on linen paper, set in a black envelope.
“i think this poem spent years cooking up in my stomach. and then it rose to my head. and it played. line by line. like a broken record. finally on a friday in march 2014 i scribbled it down into my journal. turned the page. and thought it would never see the light of day again. what happened after that amazed me. the women around me took this piece and made it their own. and you know what that’s taught me? sometimes we can’t be our own judges. we should listen to the incredible folks around us. who are cheering us on with love and support. yes. listen to them. yes trust them. when i first decided i’d be making canvases this was the first poem i picked because honestly you’d all already picked it for me long ago.” -Rupi Kaur
Learn more about Rupi Kaur
- Canvas Dimensions: 12x12x1.5 inches
- Mounting Specifications: A black sawtooth hanger ensures easy installation
- Free Shipping to US and Canada only
- Shipping to UK $10 USD flat rate
- Ordered items will ship within 48-72 hours, unless otherwise noted at checkout
- After leaving our facility, products will be delivered in 3-5 business days
- UK orders subject to taxes and duties upon delivery. Visit our FAQ page for more information
We will gladly return any unopened products within 7 days of receipt. If an item is damaged, you must email [email protected] within seven days, along with a photo and description of the damage. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive a response.