“i think this poem spent years cooking up in my stomach. and then it rose to my head. and it played. line by line. like a broken record. finally on a friday in march 2014 i scribbled it down into my journal. turned the page. and thought it would never see the light of day again. what happened after that amazed me. the women around me took this piece and made it their own. and you know what that’s taught me? sometimes we can’t be our own judges. we should listen to the incredible folks around us. who are cheering us on with love and support. yes. listen to them. yes trust them. when i first decided i’d be making canvases this was the first poem i picked because honestly you’d all already picked it for me long ago.” — Rupi Kaur
Learn more about Rupi Kaur
The materials were carefully selected by Aspeth’s current artist collaborator, Rupi Kaur. This piece is made on medium weight, raw, unbleached canvas. Black acrylic ink brings the poem and drawing to life, carefully silk-screened onto the material.
Every detail is accounted for with bespoke packaging that includes a custom-made box which is accompanied by a sweet ‘thank-you’ card from Rupi on linen paper, set in a black envelope.
- Canvas Dimensions: 12x12x1.5 inches
- Mounting Specifications: A hanging wire & D-rings ensure easy installation
Shipping to Canada & USA, free on orders above $50
- Shipping to UK, $10 USD flat rate
- Ordered items will ship within 24-72 hours (Monday-Thursday), or the next business day (Friday-Sunday)
- After leaving our facility, products will be delivered in 4-7 business days for orders in Canada and the US, and 7-10 business days for orders in the UK
- US and UK orders may be subject to taxes and additional fees upon delivery.
Please refer to our Shipping & Returns Policy