"i am water"
“yes. we are women. we make life. we give life. we are the makers and givers of life. and like water you need us. you can’t survive without us. but in the same way that water gives you life. don’t mistake us for something that will give unconditionally no matter how you treat us. always remember that water also has the ability to drown. where we are soft and luscious. we can also be rough. hard. and determined. our power is raw and encompassing.” -Rupi Kaur
Learn more about Rupi Kaur
The materials were carefully selected by Aspeth’s current artist collaborator, Rupi Kaur. This piece is made on raw, unbleached canvas, covered with clear Gesso primer. Jet black ink brings the poem and drawing to life, carefully silk-screened onto the material. Black archival paper adds the finished touch to the back of the canvas.
Every detail is accounted for with bespoke packaging that includes a custom-made box in black fiberboard, wrapped in matte black paper, and accompanied by a sweet ‘thank-you’ card from Rupi on linen paper, set in a black envelope.
- Canvas Dimensions: 12x12x1.5
- Mounting Specifications: A black sawtooth hanger ensures easy installation
- Free Shipping to US and Canada only
- Shipping to UK $10 USD flat rate
- Ordered items will ship within 48-72 hours, unless otherwise noted at checkout
- After leaving our facility, products will be delivered in 3-5 business days
- UK orders subject to taxes and duties upon delivery. Visit our FAQ page for more information
We will gladly return any unopened products within 7 days of receipt. If an item is damaged, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days, along with a photo and description of the damage. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive a response.